Thursday, November 14, 2013

Do you believe everything you read on Facebook?

How true or accurate is everything we read on social media sites, especially Facebook?

I stopped posting pictures a long time ago, except for the occasional change of my profile picture.

But, I do go on to check what's going on with everyone else once in a while.

Last night I read a "RIP" status concerning one of my favorite teachers back in high school. I couldn't believe what I was reading. I went onto his page and there were so many RIP comments left on his page. I quickly messaged my best friends from school and we were all shocked. Instantly, groups were being made and so many people changed their status to RIP along with a memory with him or his class.

Minutes later, a classmate posted that he was still living. I got a little confused as I didn't understand what was going on? Was this some kind of sick joke?

It turns out that someone said RIP without getting their facts straight. Our teacher is still surviving but his family is asking for everyone's prayers as he's really sick in the hospital. After going through his page, I realized that he is sick with cancer and I pray that Mr. T will fight the cancer. My prayers are with him and his family. He was one of my best teachers in my student career (including college). He has fed so much knowledge to all his students and I don't know anyone who didn't enjoy his class.

My prayers are with you Mr. T

Do you believe everything you read on the internet?


No comments:

Post a Comment