Sunday, April 11, 2010

sea, sun, pyramids

This past week I was away for a mini vacation in Egypt, Cairo and Sharm El Sheikh. I had a BLAST! I went to see N and every single part was amazing. When I arrived she picked me up and we went to her place. I packed my stuff in a carry on and we went to have lunch somewhere next to her house, where I bumped into the Turkish lady sitting next to me in the plane. We went to a mall near the airport since we had extra time, we just looked around and then we headed to the aiport. We went pretty early so we just chilled, and then boarded. We went to the hotel and our room was "not ready" and it was already past 1am. Ridiculous. But passed everything, when we got back from a night out with rain, everything worked out fine :p

The next day we hitted the beach kind of late since we slept in. I met her boyfriend and a couple of her friends which are awesome :)) Then we chilled at night. The next day it was great, see it got better by the day. Beach again but it was better. The last day I went scuba diving! It was GREAT!!! The experience is unforgetful. The thrill is always there. In one of my previous diving courses, the instructor told me that "if someone goes to Egypt and doesn't dive, we don't call them a diver" And just having that thought in my mind was telling me go for it! I have the licsence so I shouuld def. take advantage of it. I think during the summer my family and I will be visiting Sri Lanka, and I WILL go diving there! Can't wait!


Anyway, that day it was just the three of us (me, N and her bf) becuase everyone had already left back to cairo. We went back to Cairo the next day by car, and that was one long car ride. We arrived to Cairo around 7pm so we head to bed at around 10.

The next day was AMAZING! Pyramids much? Of course the usual happens in such places, I got ripped off like crazy, but whatever. I guess it was worth it? I really didn't have any idea that the pyramids were so close to the city. As I saw them thorugh the window of the car, I got goosebumps, it was crazy. I really don't know how to explain the experience, so I won't go into detail.




After the Pyramids we went to the museum, AMAZING. we saw real mummies. It was insane. Unfortunately, cameras were not allowed so I wasn't able to take any pictures from the museum.
An Egyptitan journey can't end without going on the Falouka! It's the boat that takes you around the Nile River, and it doesn't even work with an engine. It's just the sail and the wind. so cool!
After all that great adventure, we went out with her friends to a bar. On my last day, we had already done everything and the only thing left was going to the market. It was very similar to the Turkish Grand Bazar. I bought a couple of souveniers for the family. We went out for dinner at night and that's how my journey ended. Woke up early in the morning and headed to the aiport, putting amazing memories and an unforgetful journey behind me :) And then back to Ankara.

Thank you N for EVERYTHINGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment