Monday, September 27, 2010

Weekend in Istanbul

Before classes start getting heavy, I decided to head off to Istanbul to see Seda and a really close friend before she heads off to Greece to do her master's. Saturday night we went out and a really good friend of mine from uni joined us. Everything was great: the people, the atmosphere, the friends, the music. Anyway, I met this girl and I don't remember how we starated talking. And she told me, "you know, you have a beautiful face, you're very 'hot blooded' [i can't think of the direct translation of that at the moment], but you should loose a little weight." For some reason, I don't know why, it was kind of like a slap in the face. lol. I told her that I knew that, but I LOVE TO EAT. I love the verb: eating. I'm sure there are many people that think like me but ugh, if it weren't for my metabolism! Anyway, the next morning, I felt FAT! I didn't like it...Because what she said is true. I can't remember if it was Seda or my friend who said "that's stupid. why did she have to say that?" Meaning as if it's not her business. Yeah, it's not her business, but at least I get an idea of what people truly think of me.....

It's like I say the same thing everyday....

I'm going to QUIT chocolate. Not 100%, but about 85%...I know it'll be difficult but hey, life is tough so I need to keep up with it.

My friend and I had the ticket back to Ankara together. And i told her, and she was like "yeah Irem, it's ABOUT TIME you quit chocolate" But she doesn't like chocolate so she doesn't know how it feels. anyway, I decided that I will eat a chocolate cracker/biscuit type thing, or it doesn't even have to be chocolate. From Now On. In the bus when the guy was passing out snacks, I didn't take the chocolate cake. I told my friend that I had to start somewhere and I can't always say "tomorrow", otherwise that "tomorrow" will never come! But it has. Lets see how the process goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment